Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Mocha Layer Cake with Whipped Mascarpone Cream and a Coffee Glaze Drizzle.
You can cook Mocha Layer Cake with Whipped Mascarpone Cream and a Coffee Glaze Drizzle using 25 ingredients and 26 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mocha Layer Cake with Whipped Mascarpone Cream and a Coffee Glaze Drizzle
- You need of For Mocha Cake.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of hot brewed strong unsweetened coffee.
- You need 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 2 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar, packed.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- It’s of For Mascarpone Cream Filling and Frosting.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of cold heavy cream.
- Prepare 16 ounces of mascarpone cheese, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of confectioner's sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of For Coffee Glaze.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of room temperature brewed unsweetened strong coffee.
- You need 3/4 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of For Garnish.
- It’s as needed of dark and white chocolate, shaved for decorating.
Mocha Layer Cake with Whipped Mascarpone Cream and a Coffee Glaze Drizzle step by step
- Preheat the oven to 325. Spray 4 – 8- inch cake pans well with bakers spray.
- In a bowl whisk together cocoa powder, hot coffee and sour cream until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a third bowl beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating in each egg, then beat in vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture alternating with coffee/cocoa mixture and mix just until blended.
- Divide batter between pans and bake 20 to 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes then remove to racks to cool completely.
- Make Marscapone Filling and Frosting.
- Beat cream until it holds its shape.
- In another bowl beat mascarpone, sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Fold mascarpone into whipped cream in 3 additions until fully incorporated. If filling seems very soft refrigerate about an hour to firm up for easier filling and frosting..
- Assemble Cake.
- Place one cake layer, bottom facing up on serving plate.
- Add some Mascarpone Cream filling.
- Place second cake layer on first, bottom up.
- Spread with more filling.
- Add third cake layer and spread with some filling.
- Add fourth final cake layer an frost entire cake with remaining frosting. Chill at least 1 hour before adding coffee glaze.
- Make Coffee Glaze.
- In a bowl whisk together coffee and confectioner's sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour coffee glaze directly over top of cake allowing it to flow over sides. Garnish with dark and white chocolate shavings. Refrigerate to set glaze before slicing..