Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can have Crumble using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crumble
- You need of Suitable fruit (I prefer apples (4) or rhubarb (8 sticks)or bilberries (500 g).
- You need 150 g of flour.
- You need 150 g of sugar.
- You need 100 g of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of flour.
Crumble step by step
- Cut the fruit in 1-2 cm pieces, if necessary, put in an oven tray, sprinkle some sugar and flour and mix well until evenly coated.
- Mix flour and sugar.
- Cut the butter in cubes and squeeze it into the flour-sugar mixture. It is important to not work the dough. It should just about form a loose ball (without spontaneously crumbling).
- Crumble the ball over the fruit. I prefer relatively large crumbles of ~1 cm.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 225C (fan) or until the crumbles start to brown lightly. Turn off the heat and let cool, leaving the crumble in the heat to let the fruit soften without the crumbles browning much further.
- Serve either hot with cold custard or vanilla ice cream, or cool with warm custard.