Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Chocolate Mousse Cake For A Special Day.
You can have Chocolate Mousse Cake For A Special Day using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Mousse Cake For A Special Day
- It’s of [Gateau au chocolat batter].
- Prepare 90 grams of Chocolate.
- Prepare 60 grams of and 20 grams Granulated sugar.
- It’s 3 of Egg yolks (large).
- Prepare 3 of Egg white (large).
- It’s of [Chocolate mousse].
- It’s 135 grams of Chocolate.
- You need 2 of Egg yolks (large).
- It’s 130 ml of Heavy cream (non-dairy heavy cream is ok).
- Prepare 2/3 tbsp of ☆ Gelatin.
- You need 50 ml of ☆ Water.
- You need 2 of Egg whites (large).
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Granulated sugar.
- You need of [To decorate the cake].
- It’s 1 of Your favorite fruits, decorative chocolate, whipped cream.
- You need 1 of [Chocolate tiara ].
- You need 1 of Excluded from the recipe: melted butter, flour.
Chocolate Mousse Cake For A Special Day step by step
- [Gateau au chocolat base] Preparation: Grease the cake pan with melted butter. Chill in the refrigerator, then dust the surface with flour. Melt the chocolate for gateau au chocolat in a double-boiler at around 60℃..
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, then add and mix the 60 g of granulated sugar a little by little. Beat it well until it is thick and it drips like a ribbon..
- Add [Step 2] to the melted chocolate..
- [Meringue] In a separate bowl over ice water, add and lightly whip the egg white. Add the 20 g of granulated sugar and beat until stiff peaks form..
- Using a whisk, add 1/3 of the meringue into the chocolate cream from the Step 3. Using a spatula, fold in the remaining meringue..
- Pour the batter in a bottom of a removable cake pan and bake at 180℃ for 35 minutes..
- Once it is cooled down, take the cake out from the pan, wash the pan, wipe off the excess water, and return the cake back in the pan..
- [The mousse part] Preparation: Melt the chocolate in a double-broiler at around 60℃. Combine the 2/3 tablespoon of gelatin and 50 ml of water. When it softens, warm it in a double-boiler to dissolve the gelatin..
- Combine the dissolved gelatin in the melted chocolate, add the egg yolk and mix it well..
- [Whipped cream] In another bowl, over ice water, beat the heavy cream until it is the same stiffness as the Step 9 mixture..
- Add the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture from Step 9..
- [Meringue] In a separate bowl over ice water, add and lightly whip the egg white. Add the 1/2 tablespoon of granulated sugar and whip until stiff peaks form..
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the chocolate mixture. Fold in the rest of the remaining meringue..
- Reserve about 1/7 of the chocolate mixture. Pour the remaining mixture from the top of the pan. Put it in the freezer to rapidly chill it for about 15 minutes..
- Wrap the cake pan with a steamed towel (microwave it) to warm up the pan and take the cake out. Spread the remaining mousse to adjust the shape and chill in the refrigerator for about 3-4 hours..
- Decorate as you like..