Mexican Coffee Buns (Rotiboy).
You can have Mexican Coffee Buns (Rotiboy) using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Coffee Buns (Rotiboy)
- Prepare of A. Tangzhong method(*).
- You need 25 g of bread flour.
- You need 25 g of boiling water.
- Prepare of B. 250g bread flour.
- It’s of Above tangzhong.
- Prepare 5 g of instant yeast.
- It’s 50 g of sugar.
- It’s 2 g of salt.
- Prepare 15 g of unsalted butter(soft).
- It’s 1 of egg (50g).
- You need 80 g of water.
- Prepare C. of Filling.
- It’s 120 g of cold unsalted butter(divided in to 8 pcs : 15g*8).
- Prepare of D. Topping.
- You need 80 g of bread flour, sifted.
- It’s 80 g of melted butter(unsalted butter).
- You need 40 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg (50g).
- It’s 30 g of instant coffee mixed with 30g hot water.
Mexican Coffee Buns (Rotiboy) step by step
- A. Tangzhong method: Mix flour with boiling water. Cool, cover and chill at least 4h until 24h in the fridge. (*).
- Let the tangzhong dough (*) at room temperature about 30’ to 60’ (depends on weather). Place all (B)ingredients in bowl of standing mixer except butter and knead until it comes together, then add butter, knead until elastic. Cover and let it rise double in size..
- Divided into 8 equal portions. Rest 10 minutes. Put cold butter in the middle of the buns. Cover and let them double in size..
- Make topping: Mix well coffee with melted butter, icing sugar and eggs. Add flour and mix until smooth. Cover and chill in the fridge for later use..
- Preheat the oven at 190oC..
- Once the buns are risen until doubled in size, pipe a spiral onto the buns, covering them as close to the outside edge as possible..
- Bake 15-18 mins until the bottoms are browned and the top has darkened slightly..
- Now it’s done!.
- Love it! ❤️❤️❤️.
- Fresh day!.
- Note: if you have a sourdough starter, using 100g active starter and no need to use commercial yeast. It takes 4h (28oC) to let it double in size. Other steps will be the same. Or you can use 50g unfed starter (discard) and need 5g of instant dry yeast..