Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp.
You can cook Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- It’s 1 of Tenderflake pie crust (Or feel free to make your own).
- Prepare 3 cups of rhubarb, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces.
- You need 2 cups of strawberries cubed.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- Prepare of Crumble topping.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cold unsalted butter cubed.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of quick oats.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp instructions
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F..
- Remove frozen pie crust from freezer to thaw out.
- In a medium bowl, combine rhubarb, strawberries, brown sugar, white sugar, flour, lemon juice, and salt. Mix with a spoon until evenly combined. Set aside..
- Next, prepare the crumble topping. In a bowl, mix together the butter, flour, brown sugar, quick oats, and cinnamon. I find using your hands works best. Mix until crumbly..
- With a fork, poke holes into the bottom and sides of your pie crust.
- Fill the dough with the strawberry rhubarb mixture leveling off the top. Then, sprinkle evenly with the crumble topping..
- Bake the pie for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Then, reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes. You'll know the pie is done when the filling is bubbling and the top is browned..
- Let the pie to cool for at least two hours before serving. This will allow the filling to set. serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you'd like..