Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Vickys Sticky Toffee Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Sticky Toffee Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Sticky Toffee Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need of Cake.
- It’s 200 grams of pitted dates.
- It’s 185 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 100 ml of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of bicarb of soda / baking soda.
- Prepare 100 grams of soft brown sugar.
- It’s 50 grams of dairy-free spread / butter.
- It’s 175 grams of gluten-free / plain flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum if using gf flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare of Toffee Sauce.
- You need 100 ml of golden syrup, recipe in my profile if needed.
- Prepare 200 grams of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 25 grams of dairy-free spread / butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 100 ml of coconut milk.
Vickys Sticky Toffee Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Quarter the dates and add to a saucepan with the milk and water. Simmer a minute until the dates have softened.
- Take the pan off the heat, stir in the bicarb of soda (it'll froth up) and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to gas 5 / 190C / 375°F and line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Cream the spread and sugar together until light and creamy then stir in the cooled date mixture.
- Add the flour and spices and fold in.
- Spoon into the tin and bake for 30 minutes, the top of the sponge should spring back when gently pressed.
- In a pan, melt together the syrup, sugar, spread and vanilla and simmer without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then stir in the cream.
- Poke some holes in the top of the cake with a knife and pour half of the toffee sauce over the cake surface when it comes out of the oven. Serve the other half in a jug so everyone can add extra if they'd like.
- Cut into squares and serve warm with free-from custard, ice cream or cream recipes from my profile.