Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce.
You can cook Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce
- You need of Ingredients for sticky toffee pudding.
- Prepare 225 g of pitted dates.
- It’s 300 ml of boiling water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 tbsp of golden syrup.
- It’s 200 g of soft brown sugar.
- You need 75 g of soft butter.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 225 g of self raising flour.
- You need of Ingredients for Toffee Sauce.
- It’s 175 g of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of warm golden syrup.
- You need 175 g of butter.
- It’s 500 ml of warm double or whipping cream.
Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. In a pan, bring dates to the boil then add baking soda and golden syrup. Stir through then blitz in blender for 1 minute to puree mixture. Set aside..
- Whisk butter and sugar until it is creamy. Add eggs and whisk then add self raising flour and continue whisking until all well combined..
- Add pureed dates mix into flour mixture and combine all together well with spatula before separating into cake tins or foil cartons. Put in oven for 30-35 minutes..
- For the toffee sauce, add sugar to hot pan until it starts to dissolve then add the warmed golden syrup and combine well. Then add butter and keep stirring. When all combined with sugar crystals broken down, add double cream. Allow to reduce and thicken to required consistency. Add more cream if it gets too thick..
- Use a skewer to pierce numerous holes on top of puddings and pour over toffee sauce. Divide into portions and add more toffee sauce and cream/ice cream..