Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Gulab jamun. Learn how to make Gulab Jamun at home with Chef Smita Deo on Get Curried. This Diwali, treat your brother with this delicious sweet specially made by you. Gulab jamun is a classic Indian sweet.
Gulab Jamun is a traditional dessert that is popular in South Asian countries such as India and Pakistan, as well as Caribbean countries such as Trinidad and Jamaica. Gulab Jamun is one of India's most popular sweet. These deep-fried dumplings/donuts made of dried milk [khoya] are dipped in a rose-cardamom flavored sugar syrup and make quite a treat. You can cook Gulab jamun using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gulab jamun
- It’s 200 gm of gulab jamun mix flour.
- It’s 250 gm of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare pinch of saffron.
- It’s as needed of oil for deep frying.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
Gulab Jamun is the most popular Indian dessert. Gulab Jamun's are deep fried donut-like balls, soaked in sweet rose flavored syrup. They are so delicious and taste absolutely heavenly. Gulab Jamun with Khoya: Gulab Jamun literally translated to rose berries, while rose means gulab and jamun are deep purple colour berries.
Gulab jamun step by step
- Firstly in a mixing bowl add in gulab jamun mix flour add little by little milk(room temperature)and prepare a soft dough,(use milk as much as you require to prepare soft dough,) cover it and let it rest for 15minutes.
- For sugar syrup add sugar in a sauce pan add water let it boil proper 5 minutes, syrup should be little sticky, turn off the flame and add few strands of saffron.
- Apply little oil to your palms now make small balls out of the dough, deep fry them in hot oil on a medium flame..add these jamuns to warm sugar syrup, let it rest for at least an hour and your yummy gulab jamuns are ready to relish..
Gulab Jamun is easily the most popular and loved dessert in India. Gulab jamun is best described as an Indian version of a donut immersed in a sweet syrup. Gulab jamun recipe is especially dear to me. Gulab Jamun is a legendary Indian sweet. In this surefire recipe, the delicate, spongy and melt-in-your-mouth berry sized deep-fried milk based balls are dunked into the skillfully flavored sugar syrup.