Mothers' cherry torture dessert.
You can have Mothers' cherry torture dessert using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mothers' cherry torture dessert
- Prepare 1 pkg of Keebler pecan sandies.
- You need 5 T of butter, melted.
- You need 1 pkg of cream cheese, softened.
- It’s 1 1/3 C of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 3 tsp of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 4-5 drops of almond extract.
- Prepare 1 (20 oz) of can cherry pie filling.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of cool whip or more if desired.
Mothers' cherry torture dessert step by step
- Preheat oven to 350° if baking crust..
- Crush up your cookies either in a plastic bag with a rolling pin or a food processor. Melt the butter and add to the cookie crumbs. Save 1/4C of the crumbs for topping. Press the cookie crust mixture into the bottom of a 9"x13" baking pan. No need to bake, but if desired, bake for 10 minutes at 350°..
- Using a mixer, combine the cream cheese, confectioners sugar, sour cream, vanilla and almond extract until smooth and creamy. Fold in the cherry pie filling to this. Pour the mixture over the pie crust..
- Cover the cherry mixture with the cool whip. Sprinkle with the reserved crumbs. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or longer before serving. Yum!.