Creme caramel or caramel custard.
You can cook Creme caramel or caramel custard using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creme caramel or caramel custard
- Prepare of For the caramel sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need of For the custard.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of vanilla custard powder.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of curd.
- It’s 3/4 cup of condensed milk.
- It’s 1 TSP of vanilla essence (optional).
Creme caramel or caramel custard step by step
- Recipe of crème caramel. Grease the steel bowl with a little oil in which you want to set the custard..
- To make the caramel sauce, add 1/4 cup of sugar to a pan and heat the sugar at medium heat. The sugar starts melting. Now lower the flame to minimum and cook the sugar till it turns to a nice golden colour. Remove from the flame and pour the caramel in the bowl in which you want to set the custard..
- To make the custard, take 4 tbsp custard powder in a bowl add 3/4 cup of milk and mix really well. There should be no lumps..
- Now add curd and condensed milk mix really well. Add vanilla essence if using. Mix..
- Transfer to the bowl in which you had poured the caramel sauce..
- Steam the custard for 20-25 minutes. Once done remove from the steamer. Run a knife around the edges of the custard and turn it upside down on a plate carefully..
- Cool in the fridge and serve..