Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Vegan cabbage rolls.
You can have Vegan cabbage rolls using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan cabbage rolls
- It’s 250 g of dry sushi rice.
- Prepare 1 of cabbage.
- Prepare 3/4 tbsp of ginger.
- You need 3 of garlic gloves.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- You need 2 of peppers.
- It’s 8 of mushrooms.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tamari.
- You need of Salt, pepper.
- It’s of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ginger.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of tamari.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- You need 3/4 tbsp of honing.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
Vegan cabbage rolls instructions
- Cook the rice Soak the sushi rice in a bowl with plenty of water for about 45-60 minutes, then drain. Cook it with the mentioned amount of water and some salt in a saucepan until tender, about 10-12 minutes..
- Cook the veggies Meanwhile, chop the veggies and prep the cabbage leaves. Bring a large pot with water to a boil, then add in 3-4 of the cabbage leaves and cook them for 2-3 minutes until softened. Place the cooked leaves into a bowl with cold water. Do this with the remaining leaves.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a skillet, add the onion, ginger, garlic, carrot, peppers, and mushrooms. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, then add tamari, and all spices. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes..
- Assemble Once the rice is cooked, add it to the skillet and stir to combine. Turn off the heat and taste the mixture. Add more seasonings if needed. Place a cabbage leaf on a plate and put about 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons of the rice mixture in the middle. Fold in the sides and the top over the filling and roll it up. Place it on a plate. Do this with the remaining leaves.
- Pan sear the rolls Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in a skillet, and once hot add 5 of the cabbage rolls. Pan sear for a few minutes from both sides. The rolls should be golden brown. Make the sauce Heat oil in a saucepan, then add ginger, garlic, tamari, rice vinegar, maple syrup. Let it cook for about 1-2 minutes. Mix the water with cornstarch to make a slurry and pour it into the skillet. Add the spices and cook the sauce for a few more minutes until thickened. Serve.