Greek style rice pudding. A quick recipe video on how to make Greek Style Rice Pudding or as the Greek's call it RizoGalo. I hope you enjoy the video and indeed making this recipe. Today I am teaching you how to make rice pudding, also known as Arroz con Leche or rizogalo.
Some Greek versions make rizogalo with eggs, but this is an egg-free version. Some people in Greece make it with eggs, but my aunt prefers without. Best enjoyed cold – if you can wait that long! You can cook Greek style rice pudding using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Greek style rice pudding
- Prepare 1.5 cups of Italian style rice.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of water.
- It’s 1.5 litres of milk.
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of granulated sugar or to your liking.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- You need of Ground cinnamon for topping.
I love a great Greek rice pudding recipe. The truth of the matter is that I used to live next door to a woman who made the BEST Greek rice pudding. I would try to get the recipe out of my. Or Greek-style, depending upon the activity.
Greek style rice pudding step by step
- Firs wash the rice vigorously in a strainer.
- Now add the water in a pot and add water till it covers the rice about one inch above and boil at low heat till the water is almost evaporated from the pot.
- In another bigger pot add the milk and bring it to a boil at medium low heat.
- Now that the water is starting to boil add the rice,cinnamon sticks,vanilla and sugar make sure the rice goes in with the left over water it will help so the milk will not rise.
- Cook at low closer to medium heat stirring constantly so the rice doesn’t stick for close to 45 min you will notice the starch will start making the pudding thicker.
- Now it’s ready poor it in small bowls and enjoy.
Whatever they are doing, it is often loud and (sometimes irritatingly) proud. This brashness isn't particularly different from any other once-great culture who Rizogalo. Greek rice pudding is just one of those delightfully straightforward, simple dishes. Dense and creamy, this Greek rice pudding called rizogalo (ree-ZOH-gah-loh) resembles a thick custard. The lemon rind adds a brightness to it.