Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Vickys Kids Cowboy Pie, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free.
You can cook Vickys Kids Cowboy Pie, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Kids Cowboy Pie, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free
- It’s 4 of gluten-free sausages of choice – vegan, pork, beef, chicken…..
- It’s 6 of large white potatos.
- You need 400 grams of can of baked beans (check brand for no added milk ingredients) or see my recipe for making your own within my Tomato-Free Tomato Sauce recipe.
- It’s of safe milk as required, I use rice milk or light coconut milk.
- Prepare of dairy-free spread / butter as required, I use Vitalite Sunflower Spread.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
Vickys Kids Cowboy Pie, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free instructions
- Boil the peeled and quartered potatos until soft, meanwhile bake the sausages in the oven at gas mark 5 / 190C / 375F, turning after 12 minutes..
- The potatos should be done after 20 mins. Drain and add enough butter and milk to make a creamy mash. Season gently.
- Check the sausages after 25 mins total, they should be done..
- Heat the beans in a pan, then layer in the bottom of a casserole dish. Cut the sausages into chunks and layer over the beans then spread the mash on top. Older kids may prefer the sausages poked upright through the top of the mash rather than cut up..
- If you wish you can put it under the grill to crisp the potato, or sprinkle cheese on top. My kids like theirs in individual dishes so they have their own 'pies'.