Arugula and watermelon salad. This salad combines arugula, watermelon, feta, mint and citrus vinaigrette. Delicious watermelon salad recipe with fresh arugula, feta, olives and sherry vinaigrette. This surprising, sweet and savory salad is perfect for That's how I met this salad.
I like sauteeing and caramelizing the onions for a sweeter salad. Arugula and Watermelon Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Watermelon Salad w Arugula and Feta – A Great Refreshing Summer Salad! You can have Arugula and watermelon salad using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Arugula and watermelon salad
- It’s 3 of hand fulls of arugula.
- You need 30 of small scoops of water melon.
- You need 2 of corn cobs.
- You need 1 TBSP of butter.
- It’s 2 of dried apricots.
- It’s 1 of hand full of pecan nuts.
- Prepare 20 g of goat cheese.
- You need 2 TBSP of olive oil.
- It’s To taste of Salt.
- You need To taste of Pepper.
This simple watermelon and arugula salad is slightly sweet, which mellows the peppery arugula. The basil works beautifully with both the arugula and the watermelon, and the briny, salty feta cheese is the perfect complement to the rest of the flavors. The first time tried watermelon in a salad with Feta, I was in a very trendy neighborhood eatery in Brooklyn and I loved it. All the ingredients compliment each so well and it's so pretty to look at too.
Arugula and watermelon salad instructions
- In a medium pan, high heat, melt butter and sauté corn until it’s golden brown. Salt and pepper for flavor. Turn off the heat and let it cool..
- In a small pan, low heat, toast pecan nuts. 5 minutes and let them cool..
- Scoop watermelon into a round shape with a scooper. Save any juice from watermelon while you cutting. Needing about 2 TBSP for dressing..
- Slice dried apricots.
- Wash and spin the arugula with salad spinner (if you have one). It’s important that arugula is not wet..
- Add watermelon and apricots.
- Add goat cheese and pecan nuts and corn..
- Making a dressing. In a small bowl, add 2 TBSP saved watermelon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix them well..
I've brought it to parties and everyone loved it, just double or triple the recipe and make the dressing on. Combine peppery arugula with sweet and juicy watermelon, salty hunks of feta, and cooling mint leaves, and you have a salad that's so much more than the sum of its parts. The contrasting flavors and textures will have you coming back again and again — especially in these hot summer months. Watermelon & Arugula Salad from Barefoot Contessa. Place the arugula and watermelon in a large bowl.