Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
AMIES Strawberry Orange Chocolate Cake.
You can have AMIES Strawberry Orange Chocolate Cake using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of AMIES Strawberry Orange Chocolate Cake
- You need 500 grams of fresh strawberries.
- It’s 180 grams of sugar.
- You need 160 grams of dark chocolate.
- It’s 100 grams of softened butter.
- Prepare 40 grams of flour.
- Prepare 4 of eggs, yolks separate from white.
- You need 1 dash of salt.
- You need 1 of zest of 1 orange.
- It’s 2 of juice from 2 oranges.
AMIES Strawberry Orange Chocolate Cake step by step
- Heat oven to 180ºC (360ºF). Grease and line a 20cm round cake pan with baking paper. Put the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt together over a pan of simmering water (bagno maria). Leave to cool slightly..
- Whisk the egg yolks and 80 grams sugar together until the mixture is pale and thickens. Gradually fold the chocolate mixture into the egg yolk mixture. Sift the flour and a dash of salt together over the mixture and gently fold these in, too..
- Beat the egg whites in a medium bowl untill stiff peaks form. Fold in the 100 grams strawberries and white eggs mixture over the egg yolks chocolate mixture. Give everything a good final mix and pour into the prepared cake pan. Bake for 30 minutes, until risen. Leave to cool completely while you make the strawberry orange syrup..
- Heat the remaining sugar with 100 ml water in a small pan over low medium heat, swirling until the sugar has dissolved and thickened. Remove from heat. Pour in the orange juice then add the zest, stirring well to combine. Add the remaining strawberries. Increase the heat and boil for a couple of minutes, until the liquid has reduced. Leave to cool for 5 minutes..
- When cool enough to handle, turn the cake out of the pan, and peel away the baking paper. Arrange the strawberries on top (middle) of the cake, pouring all over the cake the prepared syrup. Serve immediately..