Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Gulab Jamun – A Super Sweet Indian Treat.
You can have Gulab Jamun – A Super Sweet Indian Treat using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gulab Jamun – A Super Sweet Indian Treat
- It’s 200 ml of Skim milk powder.
- Prepare 50 ml of All purpose flour (or cake flour).
- You need 50 ml of Milk.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Unsalted butter.
- You need 5 grams of Baking powder.
- You need 350 ml of ★ Sugar.
- You need 300 ml of ★ Water.
- It’s 1 of ★ Cardamon powder.
- You need 1 of Oil for frying.
Gulab Jamun – A Super Sweet Indian Treat step by step
- Bring the butter and the milk to room temperature..
- Prepare the syrup. Add the ingredients marked with a ★ in a saucepan and dissolve the sugar over medium heat. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and let it cool..
- Put the skim milk powder, the flour, and the baking powder into a bowl and mix well. Add the softened butter and combine by rubbing it in. Do not knead..
- Once the butter is mostly incorporated, mix in the milk by adding it little by little. It'll be sticky, but that's OK..
- Let the dough rest for about 10 minutes. The dough will have come together more and it'll be easier to work with..
- Grease a shallow container so that the dough wouldn't stick to it. You'll be placing the rolled up dough in it. Grease your hands too..
- Divide the dough into 20 portions and roll them into balls. They'll be rather small, but they'll puff up when they're soaked in the syrup, so this is OK..
- Fry in oil heated to about 160°F Celsius until golden brown (more on the brown side)..
- Dunk them in the syrup. In about 30 minutes, the balls will have expanded from all the syrup they soaked up..
- Serve with some milk, barley tea or some other unsweetened drink and delve into the wondrous world of super sweet Indian treats!!!.