Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Portuguese Rice Pudding.
You can cook Portuguese Rice Pudding using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Portuguese Rice Pudding
- You need 1 L of 3% (Homogenized) milk.
- Prepare 1 L of Water.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of Butter (unsalted preferably).
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- You need of Sliced zest of small lemon (count pieces of zest to ensure that all are removed later).
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Arborio or Carolina Rice, soaked in water.
- Prepare 1 cup of + 3 TBS white sugar.
- You need 6 of Egg Yolks.
- Prepare of Cinnamon (for garnish).
Portuguese Rice Pudding instructions
- Cover with water and soak the rice in a small bowl (not the same water as below) and set aside..
- Combine milk, water, butter, salt and lemon in a large pot. Be sure to count pieces of zest to ensure that all are removed later..
- Bring contents of pot just to a boil using medium heat..
- When milk boils drain the rice from step one and add it to milk..
- LISTEN VERY CAREFULY – IMPORTANT STEP!!! Stir a couple of times to mix then leave on LOWEST heat WITHOUT STIRRING until rice grains come to the top of liquid, it will look almost solid. This takes at least 1 hour and maybe longer depending on the kind of rice used. Test to see that the rice is soft. If not, leave a bit longer..
- Remove pieces of lemon zest..
- Add Sugar and stir pot for 2 to 3 minutes to dissolve.
- Lightly beat and add 6 egg yolks.
- At this point start stirring constantly until mixture thickens and looks creamy, about 5 minutes..
- Pour into a large heatproof dish or several smaller dishes, sprinkle with cinnamon and let cool..