Mince Pies Pastry Recipe Vegan friendly.
You can cook Mince Pies Pastry Recipe Vegan friendly using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mince Pies Pastry Recipe Vegan friendly
- You need of plain flour.
- Prepare of caster sugar.
- Prepare of Sprinkling of caster sugar for the topping.
- It’s of egg beaten for brushing the pastry.
- You need of cold water.
- Prepare of Avocado oil enough to bind.
- It’s of avocado butter or alternative.
Mince Pies Pastry Recipe Vegan friendly step by step
- Place your oven on to 170 degrees. In a bowl sift the flour and add the oil and the spread..
- With you hands rub together the pastry so it becomes fine crumbs..
- Now add water..
- Using a fork or a palate knife bring the mixture together. On a floured surface place the dough on it..
- With your hands quickly bring it altogether, if you have hot hands it helps to cool them first under a tap of cold water. Then wrap with cling film and place in the fridge for 10 minutes or so..
- Take a quarter off from the dough ball and set aside..
- Making sure your work surface is lightly dusted, carefully roll out the dough! It needs to be about half a centimetre thick..
- Now in a baking mould tray, or foil moulds as here, rub lightly a small amount of butter to the mould so they don’t stick. Choose a cutter which just fits, carefully place in..
- Now add a tablespoon of the mince meat mixture do not over fill them..
- Be creative roll out the remaining pastry for The lids and place on top..
- Beat an egg and brush over the top of the pies. Then sprinkle with caster sugar. Place in the oven for 20 to 25 mins until golden..
- Lift out of the oven, leave to cool..