Sobzee's indian Gulab jamun (doughnut like balls soaked in syrup.
You can cook Sobzee's indian Gulab jamun (doughnut like balls soaked in syrup using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sobzee's indian Gulab jamun (doughnut like balls soaked in syrup
- You need 1 of For the video please check: http://youtu.be/VD2ANIW9cAA.
- You need of Syrup.
- It’s 2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of Some strands of saffron.
- Prepare 2 of crushed cardamom pods (optional).
- Prepare 1 (2 drops) of rose water (optional).
- You need of Gulab Jamuns, Enoguh to make 14 medium sized balls.
- You need 1 cup of any good quality full cream powdered milk.
- It’s 1 of egg, lightly beaten.
- You need 1 tsp of Semolina.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 of Oil for frying.
Sobzee's indian Gulab jamun (doughnut like balls soaked in syrup step by step
- For the Syrup: 1- Heat all the ingredients together until the sugar dissolves.
- Then give it a boil on low heat for about 3-5 minutes so it thickens slightly P.S.: You can store any excess in the fridge for use in other recipes.
- For the Gulab Jamuns: Combine the milk powder, baking powder, semolina and flour together.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add in the beaten egg, then mix it gently to make a soft dough.
- Let it rest covered for 5 minutes.
- Now make small balls out of the dough.
- If the dough feels sticky, touch a bit of oil with your fingertips and then form the balls. If the dough is too dry, add a few drops of milk and knead it in until you can form smooth balls.
- Make sure you fry the balls immediately so that they don't dry out.
- Heat the oil on medium heat, add the gulab jamuns one at a time. Carefully, splash some of the oil over them gently, Lower the heat, if the oil is too hot they will burn from the outside and stay raw on the inside.
- Gently stir the oil around them so they turn around and get evenly colored.
- When they have doubled in size and are evenly browned all over, remove with a slotted spoon onto a kitchen paper to drain excess oil for 3-5 minutes then put them directly into the warm syrup, let them soak in for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- They will expand a bit more as they soak up the syrup..