Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Carrot tinga tostadas (vegan). This vegan Mexican carrot tinga is smoky and sweet with a little kick. Perfectly topped with the fresh tangy raw green salsa, and gluten-free to boot! Pour the blended tinga sauce into the pan with the carrots and onions.
Tinga is a dish that comes from the Mexican state of Puebla. Traditionally, tinga is prepared by making a sauce from tomatoes, chipotle peppers in adobo The tinga then can be used to top tostadas, to fill tacos and quesadillas or you could even stuff tamales with it. Often times you'll see it on a Mexican. You can cook Carrot tinga tostadas (vegan) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot tinga tostadas (vegan)
- You need of Tinga.
- You need 1 of onion, diced in strips.
- Prepare 2 cups of carrots, shredded.
- It’s 3 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare 3 of tostadas per person.
- It’s of Optional: avocado, sliced thinly.
- You need of Tomato sauce.
- You need 3 of tomatoes.
- You need 2 of chipotle peppers.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
This version of Vegan Tinga Tostadas uses seitan in place of meat! Serve with tostadas and your favorite garnishes! I made a vegan version of tinga a few years ago when we where living in Chicago. I have not tried tinga with shredded carrots before.
Carrot tinga tostadas (vegan) instructions
- Make the tomato sauce by blending the tomatoes, garlic, salt and chipotle peppers.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onions until soft and transparent. Add the carrots, mix them and cook them covered for 3 minutes..
- Add the tomato sauce to the pan passing it through a strainer. Add salt, cumin and the bay leaves. Cook until reduced. Tinga has to be almost dry..
- Remove the bay leaves, serve over tostadas and top with avocado slices..
Keyword: carrot tinga, vegan mexican recipes, vegan tacos. Increase or decrease spiciness by adding or removing some of the chipotle peppers. You can also serve on tostadas smothered with refried beans. Chicken Tinga Tostadas With Bacony Black Beans. Here's everything you could possibly want in a tostada (and then some): shredded chicken smothered with a smoky, spicy tomato salsa, bacony refried beans, and a smattering of cilantro and cheese.