Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook.
You can have Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook
- It’s 200 g of orange lentils.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, peeled and chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped.
- You need 50 g of fresh ginger, grated.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- Prepare Pinch of each of turmeric and paprika.
- Prepare 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 litre of water or stock. (I used chicken stock, but if you use vegetable stock the recipe is vegetarian/vegan).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, then gently fry the onion until starting to soften..
- Add the carrot, garlic, ginger and spices, fry for a few minutes more..
- Add the lentils, stock/water and tomatoes. Simmer gently until the lentils are soft (approx 15 – 20 minutes.).
- Cook until the lentils are starting to get a little soft. The soup is ready and can be served just as it is.
- Or can be blended with a stick blender and be served as a smoother soup..