Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Veggie Salad Tart.
You can have Veggie Salad Tart using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Veggie Salad Tart
- Prepare 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil/thyme.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cold water.
- Prepare of Topping.
- You need 2-3 of carrots.
- It’s 1 of zucchini.
- Prepare 1 of Chinese eggplant.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato paste.
- You need leaves of Fresh basil.
- It’s of Balsamic glaze.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
Veggie Salad Tart step by step
- To make pastry crust: combine flour, salt, herbs, olive oil with fork. Add water and mix until crumbly. Knead a couple minutes. Roll out and press into greased tart pan. Prick all over with fork. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Take out and cool..
- Peel carrots and cut in half and then use peeler to make long flat ribbons. Do the same with zucchini and eggplant. Soak ribbons in water for 3-5 minutes to soften so they curl and bend without snapping..
- Spread tomato paste over tart shell. Top with basil leaves and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Take carrot, zucchini and eggplant ribbon and curl tightly and keep adding while starting in Center of tart. Spiral out to edge until entire tart is filled. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with pink salt and ground pepper..
- Bake at 350F for approximately 40 minutes. Cool on rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan onto cutting board slice into 8 wedges with very sharp knife after allowing people to ooh and ahh over your masterpiece. Drizzle with more balsamic glaze and sprinkle with freshly shaved basil or parsley..