Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Kimchi…Easy and Fast Recipe.
You can cook Kimchi…Easy and Fast Recipe using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kimchi…Easy and Fast Recipe
- You need 1 of large Chinese Cabbage (Napa Cabbage) or two small ones.
- You need 2 bunches of spring onions washed and trimmed.
- Prepare 2-3 of large carrots thinly sliced or peeled into long strips with a potato peeler.
- It’s 1/2 cup of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Korean chilli powder.
- Prepare 12-15 cloves of garlic peeled.
- It’s 4 inches of ginger peeled and rough chopped.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (omit for vegan version).
- It’s of Unsweetened pear or apple juice.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of white miso paste.
Kimchi…Easy and Fast Recipe step by step
- Cut the cabbage into halves, remove the hard core at the bottom, halve again and then cut it into 2 inch pieces. Put into a big bowl with the carrots, sprinkle with the salt and massage the veg until everything is well coated with the salt and it starts looking like it’s wilting. Cover it all with water and leave it to soak for 1.5-2 hours. The cabbage ribs should be quite bendy if you test them after this time..
- Cut off the white parts of the spring onions and put them into a food processor with the garlic, ginger, miso and the Korean pepper powder. Turn it on high until fairly smooth. Add the fish sauce (if using) and a good few glugs of the fruit juice and blitz it again until it looks something like runny cake batter..
- Pour the veg into a strainer and let the salty water run through. Put it into a big stain resistant bowl. Roughly slice the green parts of the spring onions, add to the cabbage and carrot mix. Pour the chilli paste over everything. Use gloves to massage the paste into everything. I use my “special” kimchi wooden spoon and just stir the lot really well until everything is covered in paste..
- Time to pack it into jars. This recipe makes about 2 litres of kimchi. Use wide neck jars with two-piece screw lids (Mason jar type). No need to sterilise these, just make sure they are very clean and dry. Shove your veg mix in tightly, but leave an inch at the top to avoid a kimchi volcano. Don’t screw the lids on, lightly set the disks in place and hold down with the ring. Place on a rimmed tray and leave at room temperature for up to 72 hours..
- Once a day insert a chopstick into the kimchi to release the air bubbles and push the veg down tightly again with the back of a spoon, trying to keep the veg submerged underneath any liquid accumulated at the top..
- After 72 hours your mak kimchi is ready! Keep it in the fridge where it will happily live up to 6 months…but I doubt it will last that long! Enjoy.😊.