Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
No-knead rustic sourdough bread.
You can have No-knead rustic sourdough bread using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of No-knead rustic sourdough bread
- Prepare 200 g of sourdough starter.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Spelt variant.
- Prepare 325 g of spelt flour.
- It’s 250 ml of water.
- It’s of Rye variant.
- It’s 150 g of rye flour.
- You need 175 g of white flour.
- You need 285 ml of water.
No-knead rustic sourdough bread instructions
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until just incorporated, cover and leave overnight (8 – 12 hours)..
- Feed the remaining sourdough starter with 100 g whole-wheat flour and 100 ml water. Stir, cover and leave in the fridge..
- Next day, place a cast-iron pot with lid in the oven, and crank it up to 260°C (245°C for the rye variant)..
- Dust your work surface with a generous amount of white flour, and scoop the dough out of the bowl onto it..
- Sprinkle the dough with another generous amount of flour on top, and start folding it..
- Fold the dough into itself from all sides. Do this repeatedly until you've done at least two full circles..
- Dust a kitchen cloth with white flour and flip the dough upside-down onto it, so the smooth surface is facing upwards..
- Sprinkle with a bit more flower and cover with the cloth. Let it rest for 30 minutes, while the oven is preheating..
- Take the pot out of the oven, uncover, sprinkle with some white flour, and flip the dough upside-down, so that the smooth surface is facing downwards..
- Shake the pot a bit if the dough is not in the middle, to make a nice round loaf..
- Cover the pot and stick it in the oven for 30 minutes (45 minutes for the rye variant). Then uncover it, set to 200°C, and leave it in for another 15 minutes..
- Take the bread out of the pot, and place it on a grill for at least 30 minutes to cool down..