Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Loaded warm potato salad.
You can cook Loaded warm potato salad using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Loaded warm potato salad
- Prepare 4 of room temperature eggs.
- It’s 6 slices of bacon.
- It’s 680 g of fingerling potatoes, halved.
- You need 1 of shallot, finely sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of capers.
- It’s 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- It’s 100 g of plain Greek yogurt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare Handful of fresh chives, chopped.
Loaded warm potato salad instructions
- Lay the eggs gently into a small pot of boiling water. Make sure there's enough water that the eggs are fully submerged. Boil for 5 min 15 sec, then remove them to an ice bath. Once completely cooled, place them in the fridge..
- Fry the bacon in a large pan on medium-high heat. When crispy, remove the bacon to a paper-towel lined plate to drain. Set the pan aside. Do not toss the bacon grease..
- Drop the potatoes into a large pot of boiling salted water. Let boil for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender. Pull the potatoes out and spread them on a platter lined with a clean kitchen towel. Let them steam and dry up while you return to the eggs..
- Pull the eggs from the fridge. One at a time, gently tap the eggs all over with the back of a spoon. Peel them carefully in the sink under lightly running cold water. Set the eggs aside again until you're ready to assemble..
- Put the pan you used to fry the bacon back on medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, and let fry for 1 minute until they start to get some crispy edges. Crumble the bacon, then add it as well as the shallot and the capers to the pan. Keep frying for 3 to 4 minutes. Pour everything into a large mixing bowl..
- Add the mayo, Greek yogurt, mustard, a large pinch of chopped chives, and several grinds of black pepper to the bowl. Toss to combine. Serve warm, with each portion topped with an egg and an extra sprinkle of fresh chives..