Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Chocolate Pound Cake.
You can cook Chocolate Pound Cake using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Pound Cake
- It’s 30 ml of milk.
- Prepare 4 g of instant coffee.
- Prepare 28 g of chocolate, chopped small.
- Prepare 100 g of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare 100 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 100 g of egg (from 2 medium-size eggs), room temperature.
- You need 80 g of cake flour.
- It’s 12 g of natural cocoa powder.
- You need 2 g (1/2 tsp) of baking powder.
- It’s 0.75 g (1/8 tsp) of table salt.
- It’s of icing sugar for dusting (optional).
Chocolate Pound Cake step by step
- Heat milk, instant coffee, and chocolate until fully melted and stir to combine. Set aside to cool..
- Using a hand mixer or simply a hand-whisk, cream the butter for 1 minute until fully-softened. Add sugar and beat until fluffy and lightened in color. Frequently scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a silicone spatula for even mix..
- Lightly beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Then add them into the butter mixture in 3 additions. Mix just until combined after every addition. If we add all eggs at once, both of these high-fat ingredients might not combine but end up separating..
- Add all of the dry ingredients. Make sure to sieve the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder beforehand as they tend to clump. Mix until 90% combined..
- Add the melted chocolate. Mix just until combined. Do not overmix as it will develop the gluten too much and result in a tough cake..
- Transfer into a loaf pan that has been fully coated with butter. This will help unmold the cake easily..
- Spread up the batter to both ends of the pan. Pipe a line of softened butter along the center lengthwise. These steps are optional, but they will help create an evenly-centered crack..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 340°F (170°C) for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- Run a spatula between the cake and the pan. Unmold the cake immediately after baking to prevent shrinking. Let cool on the cooling rack. With a sifter, garnish the top with icing sugar before slicing (optional)..