Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
German Chocolate Cake.
You can cook German Chocolate Cake using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Cake
- It’s of Cake.
- It’s 1 (4 oz) of Package baker's German sweet chocolate.
- You need 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- You need 1 cup of butter.
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of eggs, separated.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare of Frosting.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 4 of slightly beaten egg yolks.
- It’s 3/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded coconut.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans.
German Chocolate Cake instructions
- Melt chocolate with water, you can do this by combining ingredients and microwaving them in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals stirring in-between..
- Cream butter and sugar. Next beat in egg yolks..
- Stir in chocolate and vanilla. In a separate bowl mix in flour baking soda and salt..
- Beat in flour mixture, alternating with the buttermilk..
- In a large bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form, fold into batter..
- Pour batter into a greased/nonstick 9×13 pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Oven temp: 350 degrees..
- While the cake is cooking in the oven, combine evaporated milk, sugar, slightly beaten egg yolks, butter or margarine, and vanilla in a saucepan. It should take about 20 minutes. Stir constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat..
- Stir in shredded coconut and chopped pecans. Cool until thick enough to spread. Makes 4-1/4 cups..
- Once everything is cool, frost cake and enjoy!.