Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Orange pie from Chania.
You can have Orange pie from Chania using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Orange pie from Chania
- You need of filo pastry (extremely thin sheets).
- You need of sheep or goat cream-top yogurt.
- Prepare of corn oil.
- It’s of brown sugar.
- Prepare of vanillins (powder).
- It’s of baking powder.
- Prepare of zest of 2 oranges and 2 tangerines roughly grated.
- You need of eggs with yolks and whites separate.
- It’s of Syrup.
- Prepare of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare of orange juice.
- You need of water.
- It’s of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare of zest of 2 oranges.
Orange pie from Chania step by step
- Cut the filo pastry into very small pieces from the previous day. At least 24 hours before you make your sweet so that it dries well..
- Separate the white and the yolk of the eggs and beat the whites to a meringue..
- Beat the yolks and the sugar strongly, add the yogurt, the zest, the oil, the vanillin powder and the baking powder and mix so that everything is well integrated..
- Add the pieces of filo pastry and mix softly..
- Finally, using a wooden spoon, add the meringue and mix very lightly..
- Oil a baking tray, pour in the mixture and bake in a convection oven for about 1 hour at 170 degrees. (Do the trick with the knife to see if it is ready)..
- For the syrup, boil all the ingredients for 5 minutes and leave it to cool..
- As soon as the sweet is out of the oven, pour the COLD syrup immediately over it. AttentionCOLD syrup, HOT sweet..
- Let it cool and place in the fridge. This sweet can only be preserved in the fridge. Not at room temperature..