Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Quick Heaven's Lemon Meringue Pie.
You can have Quick Heaven's Lemon Meringue Pie using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick Heaven's Lemon Meringue Pie
- It’s of plain flour.
- You need of icing sugar.
- You need of butter.
- You need of egg yolk.
- It’s of water approx.
- Prepare of cornflour.
- You need of sugar castor / granulated.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of egg yolks.
- You need of lemon rind.
- Prepare of cooking butter.
- You need of egg whites.
- You need of caster sugar.
Quick Heaven's Lemon Meringue Pie step by step
- For the pie crust, first grease your pie dish with butter or oil nicely..
- In a bowl, crumble the flour wih butter as you do for apple pie, till you get fine crumbs. Add the yolk, and slowly knead with the water. Turn to a smooth surface and nicely with gentle movements knead to a firm dough. Wrap in a cling film and rest in for minimum 30 minutes to get set..
- Then,dust the and take out the dough. Meanwhile preheat your oven to 200°C for 10 minutes. Roll slowly into a 1 inch thick circle,dont worry iif sides crack a little. Be careful to dust as required, and then slowly roll the crust over the rolling pin and onto the pie dish..
- Press in gently,if sides are excess,cut and use to do any cracks. If you want design with a fork on edges. Mine was a pue dish nnot needed..
- Now,here we bake the crust in the form of blind baking. Cover the crust with a sheet of parchment or aluminium foil having any set if pie weights such as pulse or rice grains on it. Bake with this for 10 minutes at 190°C..
- Take off the pie weights and foil, bake another 10-12 minutes till almost golden.
- For curd, in a saucepan,combine the corn flour,sugar,lemon juice and water. Mix well and bring onto heat. Constantly stir till we get a rich thick mixture. Quickly take off,add the rest of ingredients and sstir well making sure the yolks don't get scrambled!.
- Set aside to cool with a foil on top. Beat the egg white till peaks. Add the castor sugar and bea tikl glossy..
- Pour the cooled lemon curd over the crust. Generous ly spread well till well covered. Now spoon the meringue over..
- With a spoon's back create peaks for the effect..
- Bake now for yet another 10-12 minutes till top is having golden burnt effect!!.
- SlSlice as it is once cooled or you can refridge it and serve later with any topping! It will be a favorite!.