Lemon Meringue Pie.
You can have Lemon Meringue Pie using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Meringue Pie
- You need of Maria Biscuits (or similar or digestive biscuits).
- It’s of Butter.
- It’s of Condensed Milk.
- Prepare of lemon (juice).
- It’s of eggs yolks and 2 egg whites.
- It’s of Sugar.
Lemon Meringue Pie step by step
- For the pie crust: Crush the biscuits and mix with the softened butter. It must be mixed well. Flatt the mixture in a pie dish with removable bottom (or a pan, I don’t know how to say -.- ). Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes..
- For the filling: In a bowl, mix well the condensed milk and the egg yolks with a mixer (I love to mix like old school, you know with a wooden spoon. But with the mixer it’s faster). It must be homogeneous. Add gradually the lemon juice and mix a little more..
- Fill the pie crust with the lemon filling. Bake in the oven at 356ºF (180ºC) for at least 20 minutes. Differs from oven to oven..
- For the meringue: In a bowl, beat the egg whites with a mixer and add gradually, at the same time, the sugar. It’s ready when with a spoon you can make little peaks..
- Remove the pie from the oven and cover with the meringue. With a dessert spoon or a fork make little peaks. Place again in the oven with the same temperature, but now only for at least 5 minutes until it takes some golden brown color..