Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Fried Vegetable Pastry (Pastel) *Vegetarian/Vegan. Pastry consists of a rich dough that usually contains flour, water, fat and sometimes sugar. This dough can either make up the base or covering of a baked item such as in croissants, danishes, turnovers and puff pastry. Welcome, this channel is about vegan recipes and vegan food related topics.
Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Style Shepherd's Pie). The course travels through the world of sophisticated omnivore desserts that use milk, egg, and other non vegan dairy products and shows. Delicious flaky vegetable pasties with vegan mince filling – these savoury hand pies can be enjoyed for any occasion. You can have Fried Vegetable Pastry (Pastel) *Vegetarian/Vegan using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Vegetable Pastry (Pastel) *Vegetarian/Vegan
- You need of Pastry dough:.
- Prepare 1/2 kg of plain flour.
- It’s 250 gr of margarine.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 2 of boiled egg (optional).
- You need of Cooking oil to fry.
- Prepare of Filling:.
- You need 4 of carrots.
- Prepare 4 of potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions.
- You need of Spices:.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of candle nut.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sugar.
They are convenient to carry around for a vegan packed lunch, for picnics or when travelling. Pasties remind me so much of the UK where these flaky handheld pies with. How to make vegan puff pastry from scratch! Don't buy store bought chemical laden rubbish.
Fried Vegetable Pastry (Pastel) *Vegetarian/Vegan instructions
- Dice carrots and potatoes, chop spring onions, grind the spiced with blender or food processor, put them aside..
- Mix plain flour, salt, and margarine, gradually pour water until the dough doesnt stick..
- Pre-heat sauce pan, pour cooking oil. Add ground spices, stir for 5 mins.
- Add diced carrots and potatoes, stir them until they are cooked well, add spring onion, salt, sugar, and pepper, cook for 3 mins. Put aside..
- Cut boiled eggs to 12 pieces. (You can skip this for vegan diet).
- Roll the dough with rolling pin (around 1/2 cm or thinner) make round shape with a medium size cup, fill them up with the vegetables, fold the dough to the other side, twist and pinch to lock the dough..
- Pre-heat a frying pan with cooking oil, fry them until both side turn golden..
- Enjoy :).
This recipe yields a wonderful golden flaky pastry. Every weekend I make liters of vegetable stock, and the other day I milled some wheat I had left over from a commercial I filmed and used it to make bread. Beetroot Juice Side Effects: the Good &a. Shortcrust pastry is used to make tarts, pies, and quiches. It is a yeast-free, egg-free pastry that can also be made completely vegan depending on the type of fat you choose to use.