Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Lemon Meringue Pie.
You can cook Lemon Meringue Pie using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Meringue Pie
- You need of Maria Biscuits (or similar or digestive biscuits).
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need of Condensed Milk.
- You need of lemon (juice).
- You need of eggs yolks and 2 egg whites.
- Prepare of Sugar.
Lemon Meringue Pie instructions
- For the pie crust: Crush the biscuits and mix with the softened butter. It must be mixed well. Flatt the mixture in a pie dish with removable bottom (or a pan, I don’t know how to say -.- ). Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes..
- For the filling: In a bowl, mix well the condensed milk and the egg yolks with a mixer (I love to mix like old school, you know with a wooden spoon. But with the mixer it’s faster). It must be homogeneous. Add gradually the lemon juice and mix a little more..
- Fill the pie crust with the lemon filling. Bake in the oven at 356ºF (180ºC) for at least 20 minutes. Differs from oven to oven..
- For the meringue: In a bowl, beat the egg whites with a mixer and add gradually, at the same time, the sugar. It’s ready when with a spoon you can make little peaks..
- Remove the pie from the oven and cover with the meringue. With a dessert spoon or a fork make little peaks. Place again in the oven with the same temperature, but now only for at least 5 minutes until it takes some golden brown color..