Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Lemon Meringue Pie with Homemade Pie Crust.
You can cook Lemon Meringue Pie with Homemade Pie Crust using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Meringue Pie with Homemade Pie Crust
- It’s of Homemade Pie Crust.
- Prepare of To Make Lemon Custard.
- You need of lemon Domestic Lemon Zest.
- Prepare of lemon Domestic Lemon Juice (squeezed).
- Prepare of Egg yolk.
- It’s of Caster Sugar.
- It’s of Milk.
- It’s of Corn starch.
- Prepare of Cake flour.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Prepare of To Make the Italian Meringue.
- You need of Egg whites.
- It’s of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s of Squeezed Lemon Juice.
- It’s of Powdered sugar.
Lemon Meringue Pie with Homemade Pie Crust instructions
- Prep: Grate the outer yellow skin of the lemon. Squeeze out the lemon juice, use about 10ml for the Italian meringue. Make the pie crust. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/142966-flaky-and-beautiful-all-purpose-kneaded-pie-crust.
- Make the Lemon Custard: We will make the custard cream in the microwave and add the lemon last. In a heat-resistant bowl, add the egg yolk, caster sugar, cornstarch, cake flour, and 3 Tbsp of the listed milk. Mix together with a whisk..
- Slowly add the remaining milk and heat in the microwave. After 3 minutes, some of it will be thicker and it will begin to expand, take it out and stir it with a whisk. Microwave again until the thickness increases. When it gets to the point where you're not sure if it's thick enough, stop microwaving. It will thicken as it hardens so be careful. Melt the butter in it while it's hot..
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out, and let it cool. Once cooled, mix in the lemon zest and lemon juice, setting aside 10ml. If you want a smooth and melt-in-your-mouth type custard, strain it now. I like the springy, puffy texture so I leave it as is..
- Spread the lemon custard into the pie crust..
- Make the Italian Meringue: In the pictures, the top photo is the Italian meringue and the bottom photo is the normal meringue.The Italian meringue has a gloss and is quite sweet, so you could even eat the meringue as is..
- In a small saucepan, heat the granulated sugar and the water. Bring it to a boil and let it boil down until it reaches about 120°C. Don't stir or mix it during this time, or the sugar won't dissolve. If you turn the heat up too high, it won't caramelize. Be careful..
- Add in a pinch of salt (not listed in ingredients) to the egg whites and whip with a hand mixer. Once it becomes thick and creamy, add in the syrup from Step 7 a little bit at a time while continuing to whip. Once peaks form and it has completely whipped up, the shiny meringue has been completed. Lastly, add in the remaining lemon juice, and it's done..
- Thickly layer the meringue onto the custard cream from Step 5 and form it into a loose mound. Preheat the oven to 220°C..
- Form little peaks by using the back of a spoon and sprinkle with powdered sugar..
- Bake for 5 minutes in the 220°C oven. Lower to 160°C to melt the sugar. The powdered sugar and the top of the meringue will become a very lovely color. Warm a up knife in the oven to with a crisp cut..