Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Kerry's Easy as Pie Lemon Meringue.
You can cook Kerry's Easy as Pie Lemon Meringue using 4 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kerry's Easy as Pie Lemon Meringue
- You need of eggs.
- It’s of castor sugar.
- It’s of tin condensed milk.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
Kerry's Easy as Pie Lemon Meringue instructions
- line greased pie dish with shortbread pastry and blind bake at 180ºC. set aside (can use any crust but I prefer making my own shortbread).
- pre-heat oven to 160ºC.
- separate eggs.
- beat egg whites until stiff peaks are formed (must be able to turn bowl over without the eggs falling out).
- slowly add castor sugar.
- beat until glossy.
- set aside.
- beat egg yolks.
- add tin of condensed milk and beat.
- add lemon juice and beat.
- mixture will thicken.
- pour mixture into ready pastry crust.
- spoon on meringue and distribute evenly.
- bake for 25-30 mins.
- take out and allow to cool before refrigerating.
- if you refrigerate too soon the meringue will soften.