Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can cook Apple pie using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple pie
- It’s of pastry.
- It’s of plain flour.
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of eggs.
- It’s of caster sugar.
- It’s of filling.
- You need of caster sugar.
- It’s of granny smith apples.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- You need of handfull of raspberries.
- Prepare of few shots of apple juice.
- It’s of baking.
- Prepare of caster sugar.
- You need of egg whites.
Apple pie instructions
- MAKING THE PASTRY Rub the cubed butter into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir through the sugar and beaten egg. Knead gently and briefly just until the whole thing forms a soft dough ball – don’t overwork or else the pastry will be tough when cooked. Wrap the dough in Clingfilm and chill in the fridge for at least an hour to relax. Roll the relaxed dough on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of 1cm. Lay over a tart case and gently press into the edges, trim off any excessive pastry then chill again for 15 minutes as you preheat an oven to 190°C..
- MAKING THE FILLING Peel and cut the apples into thick slices, chucking them into a bowl. Throw the sugar, cinnamon and raspberries in with the apple and toss together with a good squeeze of apple juice. Tip the apple mixture into the chilled tart shell..
- THE TOPPING Brush the top of the sides of the tart shell. Roll another circle of dough that is slightly bigger than the tart case and drape it over the apples. Make a lattice if you prefer. Trim the lid to fit the tart, then pinch the lid into the brushed sides of the tart shell with fingers or a fork. Poke a few slits into the middle of the lid to allow steam to escape the pie. Brush the egg white over the pie lid then sprinkle with caster sugar..
- BAKING AND FINISHINGPlace the pie in the oven for 50 minutes..