Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Layer Cake.
You can cook Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Layer Cake using 20 ingredients and 30 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Layer Cake
- It’s of For Cake.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- It’s of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of large egg.
- Prepare of milk.
- Prepare of canola oil.
- It’s of brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature.
- It’s of Milano Peppermint Slice Cookies (Pepperidge Farms Brand).
- Prepare of For Whipped Chocolate Ganach Filling and Frosting.
- Prepare of semi sweet chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare of cold heavy whipping cream.
- It’s of tea vanilla extract.
- You need of For White Chocolate Peppermint Glaze.
- You need of white chocolate, chopped (not chips).
- Prepare of heavy whipping cream.
- You need of pure peppermint extract.
- You need of Garnish.
- It’s of Andes Peppermint Chips,.
Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Layer Cake instructions
- Make Cake.
- Preheat the 9ven to 350. Spray 4- 8 inch cake pans with bakers spray..
- In a nowl, whisk together flour, naking powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- In another bowl whisk eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Slowly beat in flour until smooth, then slowly add coffe to make a thin batter.
- Assemble Cake.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake 12 to 15 minutes until a toothpick comes put just clean. Cool 8n pans 10 minutes than transfer to racks to cool completely.
- Make Peppermint Cookie Crunch.
- Reserve 6 cookies and set aside for finished cake.
- Crush remaining cookies in a food processor, reserve in a bowl.
- Make Whipped Chocolate Ganache Filling and Frosting.
- Heat cream to just below a simmer and pour over chopped chocolt in a large bowl until smooth. Refrigerate until very cold, at least 2 hours or this can be done a day in advance.
- Beat cold chocolate until light and fluffy.
- Place one cake layer, bottom up on serving plate.
- Spread with some chocolate ganache filling.
- Sprinkle some crushed peppermint cookie crumbs on filling.
- Add second cake layer, bottom up.
- Add more filling and sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
- Add third cake layer, bottom up and again sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
- Add last cake layer, bottom up and frost entire cake. Refrigerate about 1 hour before glazing.
- Make Peppermint Glaze.
- Melt white chocolate, cream and peppermint extract until smooth. Cool about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle over cake.
- Sprinkle Andies Peppermint Chips on while glaze iswet.
- Press reserved Coolies on side of cake. Refrigerate cake at least 2 hours before slicing but serve at room temperature.