Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can cook Tiramisu-like Dorayaki using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tiramisu-like Dorayaki
- Prepare of ◎Cake flour.
- It’s of ◎Baking powder.
- Prepare of whole egg, 1 egg white ★Egg.
- Prepare of ★Sugar.
- Prepare of ★Honey.
- You need of ★Mirin.
- It’s of Drained plain yogurt (I used Meiji Bulgaria yogurt).
- You need of Mango (canned).
- You need of The coffee syrup:.
- It’s of Instant coffee.
- It’s of Brandy.
- You need of Sugar.
- Prepare of Hot water.
Tiramisu-like Dorayaki instructions
- Line a sieve or colander with paper towels and put the plain yogurt in it.Put a bowl under the sieve to catch the liquid, and cover the yogurt with plastic wrap. Leave in the refrigerator until the yogurt is well drained. (I left it for 15 hours this time.).
- Put the ★ ingredients in a bowl, and beat with a whisk until thick and creamy..
- Sift the ◎ ingredients into the Step 2 bowl, and fold them in with a rubber spatula. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or so to rest..
- Chop the mangoes finely and mix with the drained yogurt..
- Dissolve the instant coffee and sugar in hot water, and add the brandy..
- Heat up an electric griddle to about 180 °C, and pour the batter from Step 3 onto the griddle in tablespoon full portions. When the pancakes are bubbly on top, flip them over..
- As soon as the pancakes are cooked, brush the sides that will be on the inside with the coffee syrup. Cover with plastic wrap so that the pancakes will not dry out..
- When the Step 7 pancakes have cooled down, sandwich the drained yogurt and mango cheese mixture between pairs to make the dorayaki. Chill well in the refrigerator before eating..
- If you dust the dorayaki with cocoa powder, they will be even more tiramisu-like..