Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Matcha Tiramisu. Rich, creamy, irresistible matcha Tiramisu with matcha soaked ladyfingers layered with a light and airy mascarpone custard filling. It's a matcha green tea tiramisu! This matcha tiramisu recipe is THE original and the best.
Learn how to make Matcha Tiramisu with this simple recipe. This tasty twist on an Italian classic is perfect for parties and even better for bake sales. This sliceable matcha tiramisu cake features ladyfingers soaked in matcha-marsala wine layered with matcha mascarpone cream. You can cook Matcha Tiramisu using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Matcha Tiramisu
- You need of x 3 Savoiardi (Sponge Fingers).
- You need of Matcha Powder.
- It’s of Sugar.
- It’s of Hot Water.
- Prepare of Rum.
- Prepare of Matcha Powder for dusting.
- You need of Filling.
- It’s of Egg Yolk.
- You need of Caster Sugar.
- It’s of Plain Flour.
- You need of Milk.
- You need of Mascarpone.
- It’s of Thickened Cream *whipped.
- It’s of Egg White *FIRMLY whipped.
This is the last of the matcha series before I leave for Japan. Today, I am here to share a matcha tiramisu recipe that is Ah-mazing! Now, I am still trying to find the best vegan tiramisu recipe and once I do, I will for share on it the blog (stay. Extra matcha dusted on top not only amps up the flavor but gives the whole thing a bright, grassy glow.
Matcha Tiramisu step by step
- Make soft custard first. Place Egg Yolk, Caster Sugar, Plain Flour and Milk in a heat-proof bowl and whisk well. Cook in the microwave at medium power about 500W for 2 minutes. Mix well, then cook again at medium power for 30 to 60 seconds, and mix well..
- Note: Naturally you can cook custard in a saucepan. Cook over a medium to low heat, stirring constantly, until custard comes to the boil and thickens..
- Allow the custard to cool, then place in the fridge. While the custard is cooling, whip Egg White and Cream in separate bowls, and prepare other ingredients..
- To make Matcha mixture, combine Matcha Powder and 1 tablespoon Sugar in a small bowl, add hot Water and mix well, then add Rum..
- Combine the cold soft custard and Mascarpone in a bowl. Add whipped Cream and mix well. Then add firmly whipped Egg White and gently fold into the mixture..
- Dip Sponge Fingers into the Matcha mixture, and place them in serving glasses. You can break Sponge Fingers to fit them in. Spoon the filling over the Sponge Fingers..
- Repeat for the second layer with the Sponge Fingers and the filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 to 4 hours..
- Right before serving, dust the top with Matcha Powder..
- Note: You can simply replace the Matcha mixture with Espresso, and dust with Cocoa Powder for those who don’t enjoy Matcha flavour..
You can create your own summer tiramisu with all kinds of fruit, but here we used raspberry and matcha (green tea powder). This matcha tiramisu recipe combines the best of Vietnamese and Italian cuisines. A delicious Asian twist on classic tiramisu where coffee shuffles over to allow the flavors of green tea to shine. Matcha tiramisu is a Japanese twist on a classic Italian dessert! My recipe for vegan matcha tiramisu has layers of fluffy and moist matcha cake, luscious matcha sauce, and rich coconut.