Tiramisù – a classic revisited.
You can have Tiramisù – a classic revisited using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tiramisù – a classic revisited
- You need of mascarpone cheese.
- It’s of caster sugar.
- You need of double espresso – or lungo.
- Prepare of egg yolks.
- You need of egg white.
- Prepare of cocoa powder.
- It’s of sponge fingers.
- It’s of coffee liqueur – optional (I always prepare mine without, but some may prefer the booze).
Tiramisù – a classic revisited step by step
- Prepare your coffee and set aside to cool down. Whisk your egg white with 10 g of caster sugar until you obtain a glossy and stiff meringue. Place in the fridge until using. Whisk your egg yolks with the remaining sugar until pale. You can do this on of off a bain-marie. Once pale, add your mascarpone cheese and combine by whisking first slowly with a mixer and then use a spatula folding gently the two..
- Take your meringue from the fridge and gently fold in your egg and mascarpone mixture. Make sure you don't whisk of you will lose the air. Start by assembling your layers. I always start by adding a little cream at the bottom of the dish to ease the lady fingers staying still. Soak the biscuits for few seconds in the coffee and place in your dish, cover with cream and repeat the process until the end of the sponge fingers. Dust with bitter cocoa powder and set in the fridge. Buon Appetito!.