Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Fluffy Tiramisu Mocha Cotton chiffon Cake.
You can have Fluffy Tiramisu Mocha Cotton chiffon Cake using 10 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fluffy Tiramisu Mocha Cotton chiffon Cake
- Prepare of instant expresso powder.
- You need of hot milk.
- Prepare of oil.
- Prepare of cake flour.
- It’s of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need of large egg yolks.
- Prepare of whole large egg.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of large egg whites.
Fluffy Tiramisu Mocha Cotton chiffon Cake instructions
- Dissolve coffee powder in hot milk and refrigerate till cold.
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder together and set aside.
- In a heavy bottom medium sauce pot, heat the oil on medium heat until it starts to turn shiny and leave 'streaks' when swirled around..
- Immediately take pot off heat and dump in the sifted dry ingredient mixture and the cold coffee milk mixture and stir vigorously with a whisk or spatula..
- Add in the whole egg and incorporate well before adding in the egg yolks and whisk until smooth with no more lumps, scraping the sides and bottom of the pot with a spatula. (If too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of cold milk until the batter can drip slowly from the spatula when lifted).
- If still more small lumps, strain the mixture just to be safe.
- Set aside the yolk mixture and in a clean grease free stand mixing bowl or hand mixer, beat the room temperature egg whites until foamy and frothy..
- Start adding in the sugar little by little until firm peak stage, when the peak has a slight hook to it and not yet completely stiff or vertical..
- Incorporate 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk mixture gently with the whisk to lighten the batter.
- Dump the mixture into the egg whites and fold in with a spatula scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl to incorporate evenly..
- One the mixture is lump free with no more streaks of yolk or egg white mixture, pour into a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan or an 8 inch cake tin lined with parchment paper on the bottom only (not spring form) from a distance above to eliminate any large air bubbles left.
- Smooth out the top with a spatula and tap on the counter to eliminate any large air bubbles.
- Set the cake pan in a large cookie sheet or baking pan and add hot water to the baking sheet about 1/4 inch deep.
- Bake at 340 F for 15 minutes and then at 315 for another 40 minutes on the lower third rack (for toaster oven) or middle rack for regular oven.
- Let cool in oven with oven door slightly ajar for 10 minutes before removing from oven and tilling it out of the cake pan and serve. It is normal for the cake to crack and it doesn't affect the texture or taste of the cake.
- Best eaten cold the day after for the flavors to develop.
- This moist and soft spongy cake is even better with whipped cream and some extra dusting of cocoa powder or powdered sugar..