Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Pioneer Woman's Tiramisu.
You can cook Pioneer Woman's Tiramisu using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pioneer Woman's Tiramisu
- You need of Eggs, yolks.
- It’s of Plus 4 Tablespoons Sugar, Divided.
- You need of Marsala Cooking Wine, Divided.
- It’s of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- You need of Mascarpone Cheese, Softened (Room Temperature).
- Prepare of Brewed Espresso Or VERY Strong Coffee.
- It’s of Pure Vanilla Extract.
- You need of Ladyfingers, (7 oz.).
- You need of Cocoa Powder, For Dusting.
- You need of Quality Rum (optional).
Pioneer Woman's Tiramisu step by step
- In a saucepan, bring some water to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer | Find a mixing bowl that will fit over the top of the pan, but not sink all the way in. (Do-it-yourself double boiler!).
- Put 5 egg yolks into the mixing bowl | Add ¼ cup sugar and whisk for 3 minutes until yolks start to turn a pale yellow | Place the mixing bowl on the saucepan with the simmering water | Slowly add 1/2 cup Marsala Cooking Wine and whisking constantly as you add..
- Cook over the simmering water, use a rubber spatula to scrape and fold mixture in the bowl | Cook until thick for about 5 minutes | Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cool about 30-40 mins..
- In the Meantime | Place mascarpone cheese in a bowl and stir until smooth | Next put your mixing bowl in the Freezer for 15 minutes, this will help tremendously to form your Whip Cream quickly | Add Heavy Whipping Cream and remaining 4 tablespoons sugar | Whip on High for 3 minutes until soft peaks form..
- Add to the bowl of whipped cream, the softened mascarpone cheese and the chilled egg yolk mixture | Fold mixture together gently | Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours..
- Add to a small bowl | Brewed espresso, remaining Marsala Cooking Wine, Pure Vanilla Extract and Rum | Arrange the ladyfingers in a single layer in a 9 x 13 pan. Spoon a small amount of the coffee mixture over each ladyfinger (keep it under 1 tablespoon per cookie and you'll be fine).
- Plop 1/3 of the mascarpone mixture on top and spread it into a layer. Next, sprinkle a thin layer of Cocoa powder. Repeat the process two more times..
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours before serving | This allows for more moisture to soften the cookies and the whole mixture to meld together | To serve, spoon out helpings onto individual plates..
- Note: Tiramisu does not last beyond 24 to 36 hours, as everything eventually starts to break down and become soupy..
- Bon Appétit :).