Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Tiramisu. Tiramisu (Italian: tiramisù, [ˌtiramiˈsu]) is a coffee-flavoured Italian dessert. It is made of ladyfingers (savoiardi) dipped in coffee, layered with a whipped mixture of eggs, sugar, and mascarpone cheese, flavoured with cocoa.
You can cook Tiramisu using 6 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tiramisu
- You need of Mascarpone, softened at room temperature.
- You need of Eggs, white and yolks separated.
- Prepare of Ladyfingers (soft ones).
- Prepare of Granulated sugar.
- It’s of Coffee, at room temperature.
- Prepare of as needed Unsweetened cocoa powder.
Tiramisu step by step
- Take out the mascarpone and make the coffee 30 minutes before starting.
- Put the eggs whites in a bowl with a dash of salt and place in the fridge.
- Make the coffee and let it cool down if you haven't prepared it..
- In a big bowl, mix together the egg yolks with the sugar with a hand mixer until it gets white and very creamy..
- Add the mascarpone to the eggs and sugar mixture. Add two spoonfuls at a time and make sure the cream is well mixed.
- Once the mixture is creamy, whip the egg whites until very firm..
- Add a spoon of egg white to the mixture and mix very fast..
- Add the remainder in three times, slowly mixing so the egg whites are not mashed too hard.
- Dip each ladyfinger in the coffee. To avoid dropping them, dip one side and then the other. The middle part can stay a little dry..
- Place half the ladyfingers in a rectangle baking pan (17 cm x 25 cm).
- Cover the first layer of biscuits with the cream..
- Add another layer of ladyfingers and cover with cream..
- Even out the cream using wrapping paper..
- With a strainer, sprinkle cocoa on the surface and clean up the edges..
- Refrigerate up to 24 hours..