Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can cook Gulab jamun using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gulab jamun
- You need 2 cups of khoya.
- It’s 3 tbsp of maida.
- It’s Pinch of soda.
- It’s As required of Oil for frying.
- Prepare as needed of Milk.
- You need few of drops red color.
- It’s For of sugar syrup-.
- You need 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 1 and 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 and 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s Few of threads saffron.
- Prepare Few drops of Rose essence.
Gulab jamun step by step
- Take khoya, maida and cooking soda in a mixing bowl. Mix well..
- Slowly add milk (add carefully as less is needed) and make a smooth dough without any cracks. No need to knead hard, just gather with your hands so that it forms a smooth dough without lumps. Keep aside for 5 mins and make equal sized balls. I made it small oval shape. it should be smooth outside, but do not roll so tightly applying pressure..
- Meanwhile prepare the sugar syrup with water, sugar, powdered elachi and saffron, bring to boil and boil for 8 minutes to 10 minutes in medium flame..
- Mean while you can fry the rolled jamuns. Bring oil hot, not smoking hot, but hot enough to fry the jamuns. Keep in low flame and add the jamuns and keep rolling the jamuns gently with the use of the ladle inside the oil so that it gets evenly cooked and fried to deep golden brown in colour. Fry only few at a time, dont dump the jamuns so many in oil..
- Immediately add it to hot syrup. Let it get soaked well. Add essence lastly if desired..