Swedish Rye Bread Buns.
You can have Swedish Rye Bread Buns using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Swedish Rye Bread Buns
- You need 6 dl of water (warmed to lukewarm).
- You need 25 g of yeast.
- You need 2 dl of oats rolled.
- You need 1 dl of flax seeds.
- Prepare 3 dl of rye flour wholemeal.
- You need 11 dl of plain flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of syrup dark.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of honey.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s ½ dl of yoghurt plain unsweetened.
Swedish Rye Bread Buns step by step
- Dissolve the dark syrup and the honey in the lukewarm water (you should be able to place a finger in the warm water and hold it there without discomfort)..
- Add the yeast to the water. If you are using dried yeast, leave it in the mixture for 2-3 minutes to let it activate before moving to the next step..
- Add rolled oats, flax seeds and wholemeal rye flour to the liquid and mix..
- Add the plain flour and the salt; knead for about 10 minutes with a dough mixer or a food processor until you have a smooth dough.
- Let the dough rise for about 20 minutes..
- Put the dough on a floured surface and divide into 20 pieces. Roll into slightly flattened balls and place them on baking paper.
- Brush the balls with the plain unsweetened yoghurt.
- Leave the buns to rise for another 30 minutes..
- Bake the buns at 250C / 480F for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack..