Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Fresh fried mozzarella sticks.
You can cook Fresh fried mozzarella sticks using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fresh fried mozzarella sticks
- Prepare 12 each of Fresh Mozzarella sticks (ea. cut 2" by 1/2").
- It’s 5 each of Slices of sourdough bread.
- It’s 1 of Grape seed oil for pan frying.
- You need 1/2 cup of Whole milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of Flour.
- You need 1 medium of Egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Pepper fresh ground.
- You need 1 tbsp of Onion powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
Fresh fried mozzarella sticks instructions
- Preheat oven to 300. Toast 5 pieces (or more depending on size) of sourdough in the toaster till well darkend brown, let cool then transfer onto bare oven rack for 10 minutes or less to finish drying out the bread 🙂 Let cool again on a rack so bread wont become moist. Then use a blender or a bullet, if unavailable, use a big sturdy zip lock bag to bash with a mallet! Make very crumbly small..
- In 3 Separate bowls, add milk and eggs whisked very well. Mix flour, salt, pepper, onion/garlic powder, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning mix in another bowl. Add breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning to the last bowl mix well..
- Preheat oil in medium deep skillet (I used iron) on medium high heat, wait 20 minutes, when it starts to feel hot (I place my hand hovering safely over the oil feeling the heat) place a small mixture of flour and milk/egg to see how quickly it browns, I turn it down to a bit above Medium heat..
- Dip mozzarella sticks into milk/egg, then into flour, back into milk/egg, then into bread crumbs. Repeat this process, also I used a fork. Fry 6 at a time for 3-5 mins, till golden it darker brown :D.
- Enjoy!! Use any jar of marinara in the cub board heated, or Ranch!.