Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Nutrition-Packed Rye Bread.
You can cook Nutrition-Packed Rye Bread using 7 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nutrition-Packed Rye Bread
- Prepare 200 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 50 grams of Rye flour (finely ground).
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 tablespoon Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of and 2/3 teaspoon Dry yeast.
- You need 170 ml of Water.
- You need 1 of Ry flour (for dusting).
Nutrition-Packed Rye Bread instructions
- Add 1/2 the listed amounts of both strong flour and rye flour to a bowl. Mix the sugar and yeast and add to the bowl. (I used brown cane sugar.).
- Pour in the water over the yeast, then mix with a spatula..
- Add the rest of the flour and the salt, then mix until the dough forms a ball..
- Remove from the bowl, and knead on a work surface. The dough will be sticky, but do not add flour..
- In order to make a smooth, elastic dough, slam the dough hard against the work surface several times..
- Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for about 10 to 20 minutes..
- Form the dough into a ball, transfer to the bowl, wrap in plastic and let rise for 15 to 20 minutes for the first proving. (I let it rise in the bath area.).
- When the dough doubles in height, coat a finger in flour, then poke it down deep into the dough..
- If the hole does not close, it's finished rising..
- Coat your hand lightly in flour, then punch down the dough several times to deflate..
- Using a bench scraper (or spatula) remove the dough from the bowl, then quarter it with a knife..
- Form the sections into a ball while pressing out any remaining air, pinch the bottom of the ball and seal..
- Place a damp kitchen towel over the dough, and let rest for 5 minutes..
- Dust hands with rye flour, then press down on dough to deflate, then reshape into a ball..
- Coat the surface of the ball of dough with rye flour..
- With a knife, slash a leaf pattern into the dough..
- Let sit for 25 minutes for a second proving. If using the bread-rising setting on your oven, mist with water several times midway through the proving process..
- Bake for 9 minutes in gas oven preheated to 180°C. (For an electric oven, bake for 13 minutes at 190°C).
- They're done..