Homemade Banana Pudding Pie. A homemade stovetop pudding is poured over a vanilla wafer crust and sliced bananas, topped with meringue, and baked. This recipe is old and authentic! All Reviews for Homemade Banana Pudding Pie.
I LOVE and adore banana pudding, real banana pudding. By real I mean the kind where you make the pudding from scratch and pour it warm over a bowl of yummy Nilla wafers and fresh cut bananas. That stuff with boxed pudding mix cannot even come close to how this tastes. You can cook Homemade Banana Pudding Pie using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Banana Pudding Pie
- It’s 6 oz of Vanilla Wafers.
- Prepare 3 medium of bananas.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of White sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 2 cup of Milk.
- You need 3 of Egg yolks.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Butter.
- It’s 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s of Meringue.
- It’s 3 of Egg Whites.
- Prepare 1/4 of White sugar.
Homemade banana cream pudding is a delicious dessert that can be made with little effort and it has an appealing flavor that is easy to make. Everyone will love this homemade gluten free banana cream pie recipe. You start by making a vanilla pudding from scratch and pouring it over fresh. Creamy sweet banana pudding is the best dessert to bring for a party!
Homemade Banana Pudding Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line the bottom and sides of baking dish with alternating banana slices (cut into 1/4 inch slices)and vanilla wafers.
- To make PUDDING: In a medium saucepan, combine 1 1/2 C of sugar with flour. Stir in 1 C of milk. Beat egg yolks and whisk into sugar mixture. Add remaining milk and butter.
- Place mixture over low heat and stir frequently until thickened. Remove from heat and add Vanilla. Pour half of mixture over bananas and wafers while still hot..
- Add s second layer of alternating bananas and wafers. Pour rest of pudding mixture over second layer..
- To make MERINGUE: Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add 1/4 C sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.Spread meringue over pie pan making sure to cover the entire top..
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until meringue had browned..
It steals the show with its light banana flavor, thick pudding, and crunchy I have a soft spot in my heart for homemade banana pudding. It's one of my very favorite desserts. It's requires simple ingredients, comes together pretty. This banana pudding pie is a snap to whip up with a ready-made graham cracker crust, instant vanilla pudding, and freshly sliced bananas. Use frozen, thawed whipped topping or fresh sweetened whipped cream to top it off.