Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Roggenmischbrot / Rye Bread with Wild Grape or Raisin Yeast [Bakery Recipe].
You can have Roggenmischbrot / Rye Bread with Wild Grape or Raisin Yeast [Bakery Recipe] using 12 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roggenmischbrot / Rye Bread with Wild Grape or Raisin Yeast [Bakery Recipe]
- You need of Sourdough:.
- Prepare 80 g of wild grape or raisin yeast starter.
- Prepare 380 g of warm water.
- You need 350 g of rye flour.
- It’s 10 g of salt.
- You need of **********.
- It’s 500 g of bread flour.
- You need 150 g of rye flour.
- Prepare 13 g of salt.
- Prepare 280 g of warm water.
- Prepare of Optional mix-ins:.
- It’s of dried fruits, nuts, seeds, etc..
Roggenmischbrot / Rye Bread with Wild Grape or Raisin Yeast [Bakery Recipe] instructions
- Mix 350 g rye flour and 10 g salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, pour 380 g warm water over 80 g grape sourdough starter and break apart the starter a little bit in the water (do not dissolve it completely though!).
- Cover and let rise for 4 hours at 30°C. Put in the fridge until the next day..
- It should be doubled after 4 hours! If not baking right away, place this into the fridge until later..
- Mix the 500 g bread flour, 150 g rye flour and salt..
- Mix the fermented wild grape mixture from before with 280 g warm water..
- Pour the water/wild grape mixture into the flours. Mix gently my gradually folding the flour over the liquid, then mix with fingers until the liquid is absorbed and the dough in chunky crumbles..
- Next squeeze the dough together with your fingers until no longer floury and the dough comes together into a rough ball..
- Remove from bowl and knead until the dough forms a smooth ball..
- Split in two if making two types bread with different mix ins..
- For mix ins, place the dough in a large bowl, pour in the mix ins and knead them into each loaf..
- Place each ball of Dough into a bowl, cover and let rise for 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes, gently roll out the dough from the bowl. Prepare a moist towel and roll the top and sides of the bread dough on the towel to wet the surface a little. Roll it in the topping of your choice such as barley flakes or rye flakes..
- Place top down into banneton baskets (if not using toppings, sprinkle the baskets with plenty of flour first)..
- Let rise for another 60 minutes..
- Gently remove from baskets and place on the baking sheet. Poke a hole in the center with a chop stick, and then poke more holes in a spiral pattern from center out. (about 3 cm between each hole)..
- Bake at 250°C for about 40 minutes (check after 30 mintues)..
- Remove and let cool completely before slicing..