You can cook Gulab Jamun using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gulab Jamun
- Prepare 1 cup of semolina / suji.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s As required of Oil or ghee for fring.
- It’s 3 cups of milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk powder.
- You need For of sugar syrup.
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 2 Cups of water.
- You need 1/4 tsp of saffron.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder.
Gulab Jamun instructions
- In a large Kadai or pan heat 1 tsp ghee and add 3 cup milk..
- Also, add 2 tbsp milk powder and 2 tbsp sugar..
- Stir well and get the milk to a boil..
- Further keeping the flame on low, add 1 cup roasted rava stirring continuously..
- Keep stirring until the rava absorbs all the milk..
- Cook until the mixture forms a lump and separates the pan..
- Cool the mixture slightly and transfer to a large bowl..
- Grease your hand with ghee and knead for at least 2 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and soft..
- Prepare small balls..
- Heat the ghee on medium flame and when the ghee is moderately hot, fry the jamuns..
- Allow the balls to cool for 2 minutes, and drop the hot gulab jamuns into the warm sugar syrup. else jamuns won’t absorb the syrup, Results in hard Jamun..
- Soak in sugar syrup and rest for 2 hours..
- Finally, the suji gulab jamun has doubled in size. Serve warm with ice cream or cold, as you want..