Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Home made dark rye bread👌👌👌😋😋😋.
You can cook Home made dark rye bread👌👌👌😋😋😋 using 2 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Home made dark rye bread👌👌👌😋😋😋
- Prepare of For the pre-ferment 150g rye starter 280g cold water 100g rye flour.
- Prepare of For the dough 350g white bread flour 100g wholemeal flour 50g rye flour 12g salt 10g caraway seeds 15g coriander seeds 60g molasses 40g dark cocoa powder 300g cold water.
Home made dark rye bread👌👌👌😋😋😋 step by step
- Day 1 The pre-ferment (Yes I know. All great things take some time. especially bread) You need a nice active starter culture full of yeast to make great bread. For that reason, we will mix 150g sourdough starter, 250g cold water, and 100g rye flour together. Let it rest overnight or for at least 12 hours..
- The following day mix together the pre-ferment, 350g white bread flour, 50g rye flour, 100g wholemeal flour, 14g salt, 5g freshly ground caraway seeds, 12g whole coriander seeds, 60g molasses, 40g dark cocoa powder, and 300g room temperature water. The mix will be wet. Do not add more flour. It's supposed to be a a wet dough. Work the dough for about 5 minutes with your hands or a wooden spoon..
- At this point, just oil your hands, stretch and fold the dough as much as possible and then just cover it up. Don't forget to draw a smiley face and put the time on it. Give it three hours rest to let it prove. While the dough is doing its thing. Line some bread tins or moulds with parchment paper. First oil the tins then parchment paper and then a bit of oil again.
- Sprinkle each tin with a bit of semolina, coriander seeds and ground caraway. When your dough has risen you don't smash all the air out like a hooligan. You just gently tap it down and with oiled hands divide the dough in two or make one big bread if your bread tins allow it. Gently even out the top and sprinkle with some more coriander and ground caraway seeds..
- Next, we will let the dough rise again lightly covered with plastic wrap. Oil the wrap a bit to make sure it does not stick to the bread. Just in case. Let the Borodinky bread prove one more time till doubled in size about 1,5 hours. Turn your oven up to 220C(428F)..
- When ready to bake, place a small metal bowl or tray with water in the bottom of the oven. This will create a bit of steam and the crust of the bread will be beautiful and crispy. It also allows for the bread to finish rising in the oven without the crust forming too quick..
- Bake at 220C(428F) for 20 minutes. Turn down the oven to 180C(356) and bake a further 10 minutes. When the ten minutes are done carefully remove from the moulds and bake bottom side up for another 5 minutes. to make sure it's cooked measure the internal temperature with a kitchen thermometer. It should read above 90C(194F) Remove from the oven and let cool on wire racks or kitchen cloth.Leave for few ours if you can😂and after enjoy🤗🤗🤗I love with cheese, honey and figs😋😋😋❤️❤️❤️.